Our Audit Team is expanding and we are seeking enthusiastic Audit Manager/Assistant Manager to join our team.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic and growing firm?
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a true work-life balance? (Yes, even in Audit!)
We are seeking an experienced senior Audit professional, seeking to become or already designated a Registered Company Auditor (RCA) to join our team and becoming part of the long term future of the firm’s audit and assurance team.
For the right individual, this is a genuine opportunity to progress and become an integral part of the leadership team.
Your people, analytical and problem-solving skills will come together in helping clients with their financial and business issues so that they can grow to unlock their potential and achieve their ambitions. You will need to demonstrate the ability and willingness to also get involved in business development opportunities – you will be provided appropriate mentorship by a dynamic leadership team that is driving growth at the firm.
With a history of over 50 years, Kreston Stanley Williamson (KrestonSW) is a well-established firm based just outside Sydney CBD. Our clients include high net worth individuals, privately owned businesses through to listed companies, small to large, and operate in a wide variety of industries, nationally and internationally. Kreston Stanley Williamson are also a member of Kreston Global, the 13th largest global network of accounting firms.
At KrestonSW we are proud of our culture – we strive to be balanced, professional and motivated. Our culture is driven by our people. Our people enjoy what they do and enjoy where they work – above all, we are dedicated in looking after our team.
About the role
You will report directly to the Audit Partner and be given early responsibility in all aspects of audit and assurance engagements. Your role will gain you a broad range of experience including, but not limited to, the following:
- Working on all aspects of audit engagements, seeing them through from the planning stages through to completion, adhering to tight deadlines without compromising quality;
- You will join the Partner or act as the key point of contact on all engagement critical meetings and use strong communication and presentation skills whilst on the engagement;
- You will provide risk based audit solutions using the latest in audit and AI technologies;
- Be involved in audits of small companies through to multinational groups, privately owned businesses through to listed, and in a wide range of industries including technology, media, mining, retail, financial services and manufacturing;
- Be involved in developing and providing broader assurance services such as internal audit, due diligence, valuations, investigating accountant’s reports, agreed upon procedures, internal systems and control evaluations to name a few;
- Be involved in the preparation of proposals and take part in tender presentations as appropriate;
- You will also have the opportunity to be involved in engagements in the firm’s other core service lines due to regular cross over solutions;
- Remuneration is in line with market rates and will be commensurate with your experience.
To help you grow, you will be provided with a significant amount of on the job and third-party training.
Ideally, the role will suit an enthusiastic professional who is keen to expand their knowledge and not shy to take on early responsibility – and importantly able to be hands-on no matter what the task.
You will possess strong analytical skills and have an inquiring mind. You should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Execute audits for large proprietary & listed organisations;
- Identify & communicate risk areas to clients.
- Develop audit strategies & drafting of audit plans.
- Experienced in preparing group audit instructions & documenting control environments.
- Be able to review files around technical accounting & audit requirements.
- Draft management letters & audit completion reports.
- Prepare & review of statutory financial reports.
- Be able to deliver high level of client service through on-site client visits.
Your qualifications and skills need to demonstrated:
- 5+ years’ external audit experience
- Accounting related degree/qualification
- CA Qualified
- Demonstrating sufficient capabilities, or seeking to obtain, Registered Company Auditor certification
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Committed to quality service & client relationships
- Mentoring junior staff & building close internal relationships.
- Be a natural team player with strong communication skills, written and verbal;
- Have a good work ethic, dedicated to results driven client service and a keenness to ask lots of questions and learn;
- Be tech savvy, ideally with sound exposure to MS Word & Excel and CaseWare;
- Be willing to get involved in all aspects of the firm, its services and its culture;
- Have a desire to be a long-term part of the future of our firm.
We look for people who understand the importance of respecting others. It is the combination of professional, technical and emotional intelligence that enables us to deliver a unique service to unlock our clients’ potential.
If this sounds like an opportunity that makes you think about “your why” and aligns with your career aspirations, please send your resume with a covering letter telling us a little bit about you.