This month we will be looking at two Xero addons to help you manage staff and track your jobs. Below are the features of each add-on.
Xero Projects Add-on allows you to manage all your jobs/projects on the go.
- $10 per user/ month;
- You can allocate task time estimates and budget costs to each job so you can monitor and track the time and cost allocated to each job;
- Have a very flexible invoicing solution – you can create fixed price, time or material and progress payment invoicing;
- You can track and allocate staff expenses/reimbursements to a specific job;
- Real time job costing and time tracking reports can be generated on the go (one single dashboard showing all your jobs and their status)
- Ideally suits service industries.
- Website https://www.xero.com/au/features-and-tools/accounting-software/projects/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw-2D7uiz3AIVB6qWCh2x1Q9jEAAYAyAAEgKb4fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJnjxfDos9wCFVcgYAodJecFLg
Deputy Add-on is a staff and workforce management tool. You can schedule, track and manage people on the go.
- Starts at $2 per use/month
- Can track and capture when an employee starts and stops a scheduled shift;
- Can automatically generate invoices and send to the client/customer based on hours worked;
- You can track and monitor scheduled time and costs with actuals (eliminates time theft);
- You can deliver messages to staff before or at the end of their shift using Newsfeed tool;
- Multiple-user settings to allow you to give people different access levels so you can maintain confidential data like salary numbers;
- Deputy can be customised to suit the specific needs of your business (for complex and larger businesses).
- Website https://www.deputy.com/
As always, if you need any assistance with Xero, or any bookkeeping tools, feel free to contact our bookkeeping team.
Kreston Stanley Williamson Team
*Correct as of July 2018
*Disclaimer – this article has been produced by Kreston Stanley Williamson as a service to its clients and associates. The information contained in the article is of general comment only and is not intended to be advice on any particular matter. Before acting on any areas contained in this article, it is imperative you seek specific advice relating to your particular circumstances. Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation.