- ABOUT US
- OUR CLIENTS
Snapshot of what’s happening within the accounting industry and our firm
Our monthly newsletters will provide you with a snapshot of the latest news and what’s happening within the firm.
KSW Insights Newsletters
May 2022 Insight Newsletter READ
April 2022 Insight Newsletter READ
March 2022 Insight Newsletter READ
January/February 2022 Insight Newsletter READ
December 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
November 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
October 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
September 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
August 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
July 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
June 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
May 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
April 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
March 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
February 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
January 2021 Insight Newsletter READ
- Choosing a Structure in a Foreign Country depends on the after-tax result in the Australian Investor’s hands. Here’s why!
- Service of the Month – International Tax
- Safe Harbour protection has lapsed! What are your options now?
- Are you treating your long-term construction contracts correctly for tax purposes?
- Our new employees
December 2020 Insight Newsletter READ
November 2020 Insight Newsletter READ
October 2020 Insight Newsletter – Special Budget Edition READ
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
- JobMaker Hire Credits
- Other Business and Tax Issues
September 2020 Insight Newsletter READ
- Jobkeeper Upcoming Key Dates
- My SMSF owns property and it’s affected by COVID-19 – what should I do?
- Tax Incentives for Early Stage Investors
- Time to return to the office!
August 2020 Insight Newsletter READ
- Jobkeeper Extension – new rules and urgent tasks to attend to
- SMSFs – a new financial year in COVID-19 times
- Super Amnesty end 7 September
- $3,000 grants for small businesses
June 2020 Insight Newsletter READ
- COVID-19 Stimulus Packages – Important Dates & Updates
- Removal of main residence exemption for foreign residents – Reminder
- 2020 End of Financial Year (EOFY) considerations for your SMSF
- Last Minute Tax Tips for Individuals
May 2020 Insight Newsletter READ
- Jobkeeper – FAQs
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds & COVID-19 Measures
- BE WARNED – The scammers are still rife!
- Business Tax Planning – Year End. What you should do before 30 June!
April 2020 Insight Newsletter – Special COVID-19 Edition READ
- Jobkeeper – The tricks involved in the Turnover Test
- Are you having trouble paying or receiving your commercial rent due to COVID-19
- Jobkeeper Payment – Your questions answered
- How we can help at a time like this!
March 2020 Insight Newsletter - 2nd Special Edition READ
- Support for Businesses
- Boosting Cashflow for Employers
- Instant Asset Write Off
- Payroll Tax and NSW Tax Relief
- Credit and Facilities Support
- Temporary Relief for Financially Distressed Businesses
- Assistance for Severely affected Regions and Sectors
- Australian Tax Office Relief
- Support for Individuals
- Support for Households
- Superannuation Fund and Social Security Relief
- What should you be doing to survive the crisis?
March 2020 Insight Newsletter - Special Edition READ
December 2019 Insight Newsletter READ
- Our 50 year comes to a close
- Do you provide services to your SMSF?
- Do you have a family trust with residential property in it?
- Does salary sacrificing super affect your employer SGC responsibilities?
- 2019, it’s a wrap!
October/November 2019 Insight Newsletter READ
- Single Touch Payroll – The final reminder before starts happening!
- Removal of main residence exemption for foreign and temporary residents – update
- Employers should be careful that you are not contributing to an invalid SMSF!
- When did you last review your SMSF’s investment strategy?
- The S&W Social Scene
September 2019 Insight Newsletter READ
- Single Touch Payroll – The final reminder before starts happening!
- From 1 July 2019 your insurance cover in your superfund maybe changing!
- It is even more important to get the PAYG withholding right now! Changes from 1 July 2019!
- Industries with new reporting requirements – road freight, IT and securities industries
- S&W have moved back to the 1st floor
July 2019 Insight Newsletter READ
- ATO Current Targets
- Reporting threshold doubled for large proprietary companies
- Now the Coalition has settled in what tax policies are relevant?
- The Coalition wins a third term – what happens with superannuation now the dust has settled?
May 2019 Insight Newsletter | Special Edition READ
March/April 2019 Insight Newsletter READ
- FBT season again – what to watch out for with motor vehicles and entertainment!
- Should you have different trustees for different trusts?
- Why certainty is uncertain – capitalising on the superannuation rules whilst you can
February 2019 Insight Newsletter READ
- Superannuation guarantee contributions amnesty – an update
- Single touch payroll (STP) reporting for small business – are you ready?
- The “Triple Whammy” account standards are here… are you ready?
- Are you a foreign resident with an Australian property? Confusion still reigns!
- 50 Years of Stanley and Williamson
January 2019 Insight Newsletter READ
- When should you have a shareholder’s agreement in addition to the company’s constitution?
- Are you selling a property in Australia?
- Why “simple” super questions don’t always result in simple answers!
- What is a shadow director?
- 50 Years of Stanley & Williamson
December 2018 Insight Newsletter READ
- Don’t get scammed over the holiday season!
- Superannuation guarantee amnesty
- How long do I have to keep my business records?
- 2018 SMSF re-cap what you should already know
November 2018 Insight Newsletter READ
- Franking credits should labour win the next election
- ATO uses data matching to crack down on share income, capital gains
- Transfer balance account reporting (“tbar”) – why real time reporting is key
- How to improve your business using xero – the business performance dashboard
September/October 2018 Insight Newsletter READ
- Can my SMSF purchase a residential property from my brother?
- Cyber Attacks – How to protect yourself and what you have to do if you have one!
- Is that ute or dual cab really exempt from FBT?
- Xero Updates – what else can you do?
August 2018 Insight Newsletter READ
- SMSF – Have you considered what you will do if an unexpected event occurs?
- Directors now protected from insolvent trading
- How to make sure you make the right decision when acquiring that business!
- What benefits can you provide to employees that will save tax?
July 2018 Insight Newsletter READ
- Superannuation Changes – what is and what isn’t effective from 1st July 2018
- Staff and Job Management – Add-ons for Xero
- Another ATO Crackdown
- Trust Vesting
June 2018 Insight Newsletter READ
- Year End Tax Planning – make sure you don’t miss the boat!
- Year End Tax Planning – what does your SMSF administrator need to know?
- Single touch payroll comes in on 1st July!
- Superannuation guarantee contributions amnesty
May 2018 Insight Newsletter READ
- Federal Budget 2018
- Xero – What it can do in relation to online payment!
- What was in the budget that relates to your superannuation fund?
- Why is it important to have a Business Forecast?
- Trust income distribution – year end planning
April 2018 Insight Newsletter READ
- Is your succession plan in place?
- Audit, Assurance and Related Services at S&W
- Removal of main residence exemption for foreign and temporary residents – it doesn’t look good
- Transition to retirement income streams (“tris”) – what happens to my tris when I die?
March 2018 Insight Newsletter READ
- Family Trusts – how to use for asset protection
- Tax issues for cryptocurrencies
- Transition to retirement income streams (“tris”) – once a tris always a tris
- Zero news and addons
- Audit, Assurance, or something in between?
February 2018 Insight Newsletter READ
- Can I buy cryptocurrencies in my self-managed super fund?
- More tax savings for small business
- Are you in the building and construction industry?
- New Partner at S&W – Kamal Thakkar
January 2018 Insight Newsletter READ
- Tax Office Targets Rental Properties
- What happens if a director incorrectly signs a contract?
- Does your family trust include foreign beneficiaries?
- Simple super now super complicated
- The S&W Crew – New Team Member – Leanne Cooper
December 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- Single touch payroll is coming – are you ready?
- I’m an ex-pat, what can i do with my superannuation?
- Client Portal
November 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- Can a director be personally liable for ATO debts?
- What is the threshold to be able to access the various small business tax concessions?
- Rental property travel deductions are now denied!
- How to ensure those Christmas gifts and events don’t cost you too much in tax!
October 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- Why should I make a family trust election?
- What do I have to do if I employ staff?
- When can I access my super?
- How long do I have to keep my tax records for?
September 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- New Super Laws and Real0Time Reporting
- Rental property deductions you can’t claim anymore!
- The scammers are very active at the moment!
- Will renting out your home on airbnb or stayz cause any tax ramifications now or when you sell?
August 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- Use of social media can open you up to a tax audit
- Are director’s loan accounts safe?
- Common bankruptcy myths
- Reward structure for staff
July 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- ATO spammers are rife!
- Work related expense deductions under ATO scrutiny
- Crowd sourced equity funding
- Superannuation from 1 July – The new frontier
- What can you do if an ex-employee steals confidential information?
June 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- Reminder – Do you have business tax debts?
- Look before you leap – Super changes from 1 July 2017
- Simpler Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- Trust beneficiaries – Financial details reporting requirements from 1 July 2017
- Our Client Portal – Safer, quicker and greener
May 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- What does the budget mean to superannuation?
- Are you planning to sell your business in the next 5 years?
- Federal Budget – The other budget announcements
- Year end tax planning – what does your SMSF administrator need to know?
April 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- Share transfer vs Share buy back – What’s the difference?
- How to access invaluable financial information about your competitors
- Part 4 – Super changes from 1 July – I want to trigger my 3 year bring forward NCC cap
- Frequently asked questions re family trust distribution – part 1
March 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- Helpful App to track your deductions
- Accessing your super – special circumstances
- Part 2 – Interaction of the $1.6m pension transfer cap and death benefits payments
- Using Family Trusts to stream to save tax
February 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- ATO to report business tax debts to credit reporting bureaus
- SMSF properties – what can and cannot be done to them?
- Part 2 – Are you ready for the 1 July super changes?
January 2017 Insight Newsletter READ
- Does your business need capital injection – tax incentives for early stage investors
- Are you ready for the 1 July super changes?
- Aged pension changes from 1 January 2017
- Foreign person and land tax surcharge problem in family trust
December 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- NSW property surcharge on Discretionary Trusts
- Superannuation changes from 1 July 2017 – the law has passed!
- How to plan the sale of your business to ensure that you access the CGT small business concessions
November 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- Tips for foreign exchange payments and risk
- The $1.6million Transfer Balance Cap explained
- Case study of a successful client
October 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- 2016 Federal Budget Superannuation reforms – the next steps
- Lease incentives – which is best?
- Buy-sell agreements – what are they and what are the benefits?
September 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- Do you have an unwanted family trust?
- 2016 Federal Budget and Superannuation – where are we at now?
- Five types of asset finance and how they could help your business
- Technology changes at Stanley & Williamson
August 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- ATO Crackdowns
- Using online accounting software to help run your business better
- Going into pension mode – the pros and the cons
- Four of the most common business mistakes made by small businesses (and how to avoid them)
July 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- Download our new Accounting and Tax app
- Should your family Trust have a Corporate or an Individual Trustee?
- The importance of keeping SMSF assets separate
June 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- Superannuation year end planning
- Employee or Contractor?
- Businesses can benefit from better understanding their numbers
May 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- Budget measures for small businesses
- Tax planning – what to do pre 30 June
- What does the budget mean for Superannuation
- Foreign income and the aftermath of Project DO IT
April 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- Consider your superannuation before the 3 May Budget and 30 June 2016
- FBT update and lodgement reminder
- Cash is King
- Delegation tips to make your life easier
March 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- Business names versus domain names versus trade marks
- Have you really met the work test or retirement definitions?
- SMSF advice from your accountant after 1 July 2016
- Scam phone calls from the ‘ATO’
February 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- Reversionary Pensions V Non-Reversionary Pensions
- Director Penalties – Could you be liable?
- Testamentary Trusts – Should I have one?
- Land values have increased – Beware!
January 2016 Insight Newsletter READ
- Time to review your business structure
- Don’t forget the write off concessions of assets below $20,000
- XERO tips and tricks
- Is your Death Benefit Nomination worded correctly? Now is the time to check
December 2015 Insight Newsletter READ
- Have you registered for land tax?
- How a home loan offset account can save you tax
- Pension payments – am I taking enough? Can I withdraw more?
- Foreign buyer crackdown
November 2015 Insight Newsletter READ
- Insurance cover – should it be held inside or outside of super?
- What to consider when buying a car for business use
- Does your business need help to export?
- Christmas gifts and parties – how do you treat them?
October 2015 Insight Newsletter READ
- Why you need a good bookkeeper
- Can I transfer listed shares in my name to my SMSF?
- Share trading versus share investing
- What type of insurance should your business have?
September 2015 Insight Newsletter READ
- Are you eligible for concessions for employing new staff?
- The ATO is chasing outstanding debts
- Super contributions – are you paying too much or not enough?
- What Capital Gains Tax will my family pay once I’m gone?
August 2015 Insight Newsletter READ
- Does SuperStream apply to SMSFs?
- How to save GST on the sale of a property using the margin scheme
- Banks tighten up on investment loans
- Scams – is it really the ATO calling?
July 2015 Insight Newsletter READ
June 2015 Insight Newsletter READ
- Last minute tax tips
- Superannuation – what to do before 30 June
- How to spot a scam
- Life insurance held by an SMSF for a buy-sell agreement
May 2015 Insight Newsletter READ
- What to beware of in a hot property market
- Interest rates – How low can they go?
- How you could end up paying more stamp duty on your commercial property
- Earnout arrangements on selling your business – finally some guidance from the ATO?
April 2015 Insight Newsletter READ
- Pre-budget planning – should you make your contributions before 12 May?
- Are you subject to US tax? The answer might surprise you
- Update your Will
- Should you switch to Xero?
March 2015 Insight Newsletter READ
- Relationship breakdown – tax trap
- Those Swiss Bank Accounts will now be exposed
- Binding Death Benefit Nominations
- FBT Planning for the 31 March year end
February 2015 Insight Newsletter READ
- Update on S&W and our clients – including baby news!
- Internet fraud in action
- SuperStream – effective from 1 July 2015
- Financial help for businesses
December 2014 Insight Newsletter READ
- What are phantom shares?
- Do you have assets or income overseas that the tax office don’t know about? – ATO amnesty about to finish!
- Plan your business sale early to maximise your after tax return
- Issues to consider when setting up a business overseas
- S&W staff Christmas party
November 2014 Insight Newsletter READ
- Retirement planning
- Christmas gifts & events
- The need for budgets and cashflow forecasting
- Can a superfund use assets to pay benefits?
October 2014 Insight Newsletter READ
- Can a self-managed superannuation fund invest in a private company?
- Employee share scheme proposed changes
- Which structure is best for you? – Partnership of family trusts
- Why do you need audit insurance?
September 2014 Insight Newsletter READ
- Impact of mining tax repeal on small businesses
- Cyber-attacks – What can happen if you open that spam email!
- International Investments – can your SMSF buy an overseas property?
- Which structure is best for you? – Partnerships
August 2014 Insight Newsletter READ
- Saving tax on superannuation upon death
- What can your SMSF invest in?
- Which structure is best for you? – Unit Trusts
- Employee Share Schemes – changes are coming
July 2014 Insight Newsletter READ
- Australian Government grants & assistance
- Testamentary trusts – what are they?
- Which structure is best for you? – Discretionary trusts
- ATO’s ceasing to issue paper Activity Statements
KSW International Insight Newsletters
May 2021 International Insight Newsletter READ
December 2020 International Insight Newsletter READ
September 2018 International Insight Newsletter READ
- Do you own property in Australia?
- Is your company resident in Australia?
- Changes in tax residency rules for individuals
- Implementation of the oecd hybrid mismatch rules
November 2017 International Insight Newsletter READ
- Removal of CGT main residence exemption for foreign residents
- Country by Country CBC)
- Tax residence in Australia and working holiday makers
- Tax residence of companies
- Company tax rate reduction
- S&W welcomes Kamal Thakkar
May 2017 International Insight Newsletter READ
- Simplified transfer pricing record keeping options
- Amendments to transfer pricing guidelines
- New and bigger tax penalties to large multinationals
- GST on digital supplies to consumers
December 2016 International Insight Newsletter READ
- Diverted Profits Tax
- ATO systems outages
- Working holidays in Australia
- New German tax treaty
- Residency assumption and capital gains of a foreign Trust
- Exchange of information with foreign revenue authorities
September 2016 International Insight Newsletter READ
- Transfer pricing update
- Taxpayer Alerts
- Foreign resident Capital Gains Tax Withholding regime
- Foreign purchase surcharge
April 2016 International Insight Newsletter READ
- Tax transparency measures
- Penalties for foreign investors
- Capital Gains Tax withholding regime
- Simplifying transfer pricing record keeping
November 2015 International Insight Newsletter READ
- Transfer pricing – Chevron case
- GST on digital products
- Australian Business Numbers
April 2015 International Insight Newsletter READ
- Simplifying transfer pricing record keeping
- CGT rules for non-residents
- In the news
- Doing business in Australia
December 2014 International Insight Newsletter READ
- Doing business in Australia
- Popular press on taxation of multinationals in Australia
- Project DO IT – ATO Amnesty for disclosure of offshore income